Super low season in Europe?

Yep it used to be my fave city for a while. did you go to the church where everything is made of human bones ?

1 Like

Most Europeans have holiday until the 6th of January (Epiphany).
This time is was on a friday, so people would stay until the 7th or maybe 8th, after that it goes absolutely dead, until beginning of february.

1 Like

We saw so many Americans and Canadiansā€¦ Koreans and Chinese. Japanese universities are just now getting out for winter break. Prague is always going to have tourists in the main area. Just not as many as we saw on New Years Eve, LOL.

the apartment is here if you want to check it out. it is actually very near Sir Tobyā€™s. :slight_smile:

Yes the weather has been super cold last week with lot of snow. Anyway, the problem seems to be with low season and extremely high competition, Airbnb DOUBLED the amount of listings in last year, everyone is doing it lately and there are also many super cheap hostels and hotels like you wroteā€¦

letā€™s hope spring will come soon and everything will get better.

2 Likes

That was on our list and we forgot to go!!! You just reminded me!

Jan, that is adorable! I bet you were booked when I was searching 12.28 to Jan 9. ? There was very little available during that time period!

Next time I am staying with you. It looks perfect, as long as you are close to the tram. 6 is it?

Yes! Nice France - the same situation

Hi Zandra, wow, Iā€™m impressed! Iā€™m also in London near Old Street and struggling to get bookings right now. Usually Iā€™m nearly full booked. I only rent out one room in my flat, but I usually get a lot of business travellers and tourists. Iā€™m worried, and donā€™t want to drop my price too far. Whatā€™s the secret of your success?

Weā€™re definitely still in Europe - just the great British public voted to leave the EU.

No no Helsi, the Brits are British. Europe now refers to anything across the channel. :slight_smile:

Off season pricing @eyeborg. Iā€™ve been keeping a close eye on prices and have shifted them down slightly though I always have been at the budget end of listings.

The good thing about being budget is that someone always wants to stay.

1 Like

Oh well we must have moved to a new continent when i wasnā€™t looking :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol no amount of you pointing at a map will change the way this country sees itself.

But letā€™s not get into politics eh!

Well, this is a tricky one! For the sake of my travel website, I tag the UK as being Europe because usually about 70% of viewers are from the States so Europe means ā€˜anything at the other side of the Atlanticā€™. And as a Brit living in the US, I think of myself as being European in many ways.

Iā€™m useless at anything political but I have the feeling that when the UK leaves the EU (which it hasnā€™t yet, as far as I know) geographically it will still be classed as Europe.

Of course, I might be hopelessly wrongā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m being facetious. Of course Britain is in Europe :wink:
I suppose Iā€™m mocking some of the ill informed comments Iā€™ve been hearing lately ā€¦

But like I said no politics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had friends scold me for saying they were British, because that is the name the conquerors gave you. No, you are English. Quite English.

But weā€™re still primarily British, right? :slight_smile:

Actually, I see myself as ENGLISH not British. Well, Yorkshire first and foremost - we should have home rule. :wink:

Hahah well if youā€™re Andy Murray youā€™re British. And if youā€™re David Coulthard youā€™re Scottish. Life isnā€™t fair is it.

1 Like

i personally identify as English then British. Or maybe actually English then Europeanā€¦ :smiley:

Any Formula One driver (or former driver) is my hero. Scotland has done pretty well in F1!

1 Like