Do you have experience with the guests from latin american

You can just keep it for yourself. What i do is , i have the statistic for the people in the world how much money they earn, how many times they shower. When the guests send me an inquiry I check their nationality and if they are from the region of shower fans i raise immiditially the price to 50%. If they have money they will pay if they don’t they will leave. I will not regret and i am sure the most of hosts will not accept such people. Coz you can not earn money but they can make your self angry. As long as you get angry, the guests will not be happy and give you a bad review.

I’m begging, please post your listing…

7 Likes

As I’m a huge fan of Chen_Susanne’s entertainment skills I managed to find her listing. To keep privacy I will not post it but I can say that she is a real host.

6 Likes

Showers of my guests really don’t bother me that much, because we here in US do not pay significant amounts for water. The amount is so minuscule that it’s not even worth to mention comparing to profits.,
It bugles my mind why anyone would take so many showers considering the fact that we have AC running and no one sweats in a house.
I have a friend who is like this. Everyone knows her crazy habit of spending hours in a shower. Her husband’s maine joke of the day is her showers. She gets up 2 hours before everyone in a household to do just that every single day and in the afternoon routine repeats. My friend is from Belarussia.
The point though is that you need to find a system to prevent guests of doing what you don’t want otherwise you will keep on getting this sort of behavior.
If you don’t want to take away kitchen as amenity then be very specific about long cooking. For example, write something like " gourmet cooking that takes long hours is not allowed. Please aim for meals that takes maximum preparation time of 30 minutes".
Really you can say anything in your rules and be as restrictive as you want , then it’s up to s guest to book with you or not. About showers I would even say something like:
Since water in my area is VERY expensive please help me keeps my rates down by taking short single shower a day.
If a person like me saw this message I would not have any problem with it since I take mostly one shower a day the most two and they are short since I do not wash my hair every single day.
For example I leave this ongoing problem with how my guests using my laundry machines. Most guests don’t use it but those who stay longer do. I only allow 2 loads a week which I think is very reasonable. The problem is that when I am not home this is when they do their laundry. I came home yesterday and discovered 7 items of clothes in a washer , most of them were underwear. Obviously the guy was washing all week he stayed like this, if there was no other clothes. That’s a total waste of water and energy. I took his clothes out and put it outside. When he came home he wanted to put it in dryer. I told him NO, it’s not enough clothes to run dryer for half an hour. I Also asked him how many laundries he did during week. He of course did not remember. I refered him to my rules where it clearly said " no more than 2 loads per person. He of course did not notice that part. He was not happy about the whole conversation , said sorry .
Next guest is going to hear from me when I greet him about laundry rules in details. I have to stop this from happening.
There is absolutely no need for anyone to do more that 2 loads per week. My machines are big. It’s just they don’t think and don’t care because it’s not their house and their bills.

1 Like

Privacy? Most of us here have posted our listings here at some time or another. Maybe because we are genuine hosts and have nothing to hide. Just as hosts like to know that the people they are letting into their properties are verified, those of us who chat here like to know we are chatting with real hosts.

5 Likes

I think it is better that we don’t write in the listing: maxiaml 2 loads…you should not xxx. instead i will say" the wash mashine and dryer at you disposal before 20:00." most of people can not see from this sentence that they can not abuse your mashine actullly they can not. because if the check in time is 17:00. they need to have a rest or go shoping, then it is already 18. You can suggest them to a shop where there are many customers, so they have to wait a long time to pay" so we can reduce their time in cooking and they foreget the washine mashine and dry can be used only before 20:00. 3 hours go very quick. The most of guests get up at 8 and leave at 9. So they don’t have time to use it any more. For longstay guests… have no idea yet. My chinese roommate put just 2 piece cloth or one pair of sportshoes each time in the washmashine after she cleaned the floor as we shared the room. Not sure if the host asked her to pay extra bill.

No I am not going to use tricks. Being straightforward is the best way to communicate. Many listings limit smount of laundry, there is nothing wrong with it. I mostly have short term guests and I do not allow laundry for guests who stay less than 5 days

I did that before but a thai woman has left me a bad review. She said i put the photo of a washmashine in my listing and asked her for money.(i said in my listing washmashine cost extra). She hast just some underwear and wanted to use the washmashine if you don’t allow or ask she to pay she gave you bad review. I think if you don’t use some tricks you can never handeln such people. As she arrived she is intended to abuse all facilities in my home. I think it is meaningful to learn to how to deal with such people. The best way is to let them no chance to do so. Many hosts can just leave their home. So that if the guest have question about how to use the mashine they can not find the answer and can not use it. If the host is always at home he should play as if he very busy and no time to answer any question for example he can act like he is always talking in telephone with somebody, or go to bed early or sick.

About the cooking problem i think we could buy some hot plate with very low watt, like 500 w, so that the guest can not get their food hot very easy and need to cook very long. Some western men cook with maximum fire with 2000w cookplate, that uses lot of electricity, they never turn down the plate and waste much energy.
Important is don’t tell them where is the nearest supermarket to get cheap food and when is closed. If they don’t have food they can not cook.

Seriously, is the only way you relate to your guest is to lie, pretend, and deceive? That never works for me… honesty and openness makes for better guests.

But please keep telling us your deceptions and prejudices - it makes for very entertaining reading!

3 Likes

She hosts a troll compound under a bridge :joy::joy::joy:

I don’t know about that azreala, but I think Chen may want to adjust her listing in order to attract trolls. After a quick google search I learned they are afraid of water, so they likely wouldn’t take a shower. And they don’t like to cook either. Problems solved!

"A troll is usually hungry all the time. They typically eat anything that doesn’t require hard chewing. According to myths, trolls like to eat humans. When they get the chance to catch a human, they immediately rip off the head and throw them away. The identified reason for this action is because trolls don’t like the taste of human brains.

Trolls are afraid of water and do not like getting wet. Because of this, rarely will they clean themselves. These creatures are classified into two, the Mountain Trolls and the Woodland Trolls. Mountain Trolls are often wrapped with thick dirt and dust while Woodland Trolls are covered with dirt, leaves, moss and straws. In general, the only difference between the two is the size. The mountain trolls are bigger than the woodland trolls."

1 Like

Chen - In all seriousness, I would just remove the option for guests to be able to cook meals. As long as they have a shelf in the refrigerator to keep some drinks and small amounts of food, that should suffice. Also, note in your listing that due to your area that water is limited. Let guests know that they are limited to a 15 minute shower per day. Anything more than that will cost 5 euros per additional shower. I can’t remember how much you said it cost, but just collect in cash if they agree to this.

Also, don’t use instant book. Before accepting the reservation you need to ask the guest to confirm they understand that you do not provide cooking facilities, and that they understand only one 15 minute shower is permitted per day. You set the rules. Create a list of places where they can eat out. The answer is not to send them places with long lines or through endless rush hour traffic just to keep them outside frustrated for hours.

O …my…god…!! you are not serious:joy: i was laughing reading your recomedations.
In times of technology who cant just find closest supermarket and hours of operations? without even asking.

1 Like

Actually my ideas are based on some other bloggers who are airbnb guests. They said they could not ask information or use something in the appartment because of the absence of the hosts. I think it is a great idea when you make some occation to be “Absend”.

And don’t forget, if you have guests, that can be at the high season of tourisme or even, fair. Many people can be in the supermarkt too. Even there are supermarkts next door, you could still recommand them to the one, where there are many guests by using the excuse like " you have more choice, it is cheaper, bigger" or the expensive one where they can not buy a lot. or recommend them to go to get some cheap fast food saying that" you should try xxx. Every american loves that, it is so delicious, I love it. My mon loves it…so they will not use your kitchen.

What is the problem of just not permitting use of a kitchen?

Because then the guests might actually feel at home and enjoy the experience. Apparently the point is to extract the most money possible from the guest while providing the absolute minimum of water. Cooking—> dishes being washed. They might need to wash their hands, too. Heaven forbid!!! And if they cook something really salty or spicy, then might need to drink more water, which would throw the whole water use minimization formula off!!

2 Likes

Maybe u have never met some people who are really aggresive. If they see you have a kitchen, no matther you mention it in your listen or not, they think you should let them to use it, because they are god, your job is to please the god. They think they can manipulate you with their smile and words.I think what i can do is to distract them or advoid such people.

I had some guests trying to use kitchen but so far there was no problem when I told them that there is no use of it.
I don’t see though how it is possible to forbid kitchen use for guests who stay a whole week for example.
May be that’s why I don’t have any longer term guests just a short layover. They see that there is no kitchen use and just don’t book me

Chen_Susanne - I mean this in the most respectful way. Have you had any good experiences with guests on Airbnb? If so, I would love to hear about them and what it is that you like about being a Host. I only ask because most of the things you post on this forum seem full of anxiety.

2 Likes

Chen,

I do not understand this. If your guests know they are booking a room in a house/apartment, don’t they already know you have a kitchen? And if you ask them to confirm before you accept the booking that they cannot use the kitchen to cook meals…and guest replies “Yes, I understand I cannot cook meals” - then they should not show up and then start demanding to use the kitchen if they clearly stated they understood they would not be allowed to use it. Guests understand your bedroom is off limits correct? They don’t just assume they can sleep in your bed just because it is there, do they? Lay down the rules before you accept the booking, and you must confirm they understand them. Don’t leave any room for the guest to pretend they did not understand.

1 Like

This has got to be the strangest, most bizarre thing I have ever seen you post, I you have posted some doozies!! Where do you come up with these thoughts??? :scream:

6 Likes