Do you have experience with the guests from latin american

I am a little bit scared coz i have read the ranking of times of shower …i am afraid that they take 2 hours of shower a day and cook very long time or get up at 5 am to cook the breakfast…please give me private message and tell me. Thanks!

I have a feeling you are going to hate them.

7 Likes

Why? I have just injury and i have not allow yet. Just last time i have very bad experience with a thai woman who took 2 hours shower per day…This time i read the ranking of shower time of the world. Mexican are in the top 3…you know…some one in the forum said her guest took 5 times shower per day, as a host i am like other host, very scared of such guests.

…And every other nationality she hosts :joy:

8 Likes

Are you a host? Where do you host?

1 Like

I personally love Latino America and its people. I rented a house to them few times and every time it was a very good experience. All was left very clean and never any problems. But i had one chilian family in a very beginning that did many things that drove me nuts including few showers a day. They were not regular people though, they were athlets who i undestand now had a very high protein diet and cooked non stop. They alsl trained every day several times a day, maybe thats why was such need for showers.
But overall my experience with guests from Latin Countries is very pleasant

1 Like

put in your rules that kitchen is not usable before 8 am. And explain about cost of water.

Chen Suzanne,

As you are obsessed with your guests’ showering habits, Airbnb hosting really doesn’t suit you. I don’t even know how many showers my guests take, the duration or what time they take showers. If you still host, you need to make your shower rules very clear: how long each shower can take, how many showers a day guests can take and what hours guests may shower.

2 Likes

She hosts a troll compound under a bridge :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Do we really know that she is a host? Has she posted her listing?

3 Likes

Of a troll compound…

1 Like

Shower habits, cooking habits, ethnic persuasion et al. @Chen_Susanne have you heard of the ‘self fulfilling prophecy’ i.e. a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come true? AirBnB is supposed to be fun and collaborative and give people a nice little financial bonus to boot. If it’s not working for you - and from your posts on here, it appears it’s not if it’s causing you so much anguish - maybe it’s time to try another sideline??

2 Likes

The mexican people i knew are really nice. What i am afraid is that they cook longer than chinese and took 2 hours shower per day…In a report about " People in which country take the longest shower" writes that" mexican people took many showers per day and each time they wash their hair too…and use many shampoo and hairmask.

I have noticed that other hosts in my city wrote: check in time after 17:00. check out time before 12:00. This can limite that some guests hid in the house and just cook and take a shower. If they wrote check in time 14:00 or early check in is free, i am sure many shower fans and cooking freak will be very happy. Coz i met such people!

You can just keep it for yourself. What i do is , i have the statistic for the people in the world how much money they earn, how many times they shower. When the guests send me an inquiry I check their nationality and if they are from the region of shower fans i raise immiditially the price to 50%. If they have money they will pay if they don’t they will leave. I will not regret and i am sure the most of hosts will not accept such people. Coz you can not earn money but they can make your self angry. As long as you get angry, the guests will not be happy and give you a bad review.

I’m begging, please post your listing…

7 Likes

As I’m a huge fan of Chen_Susanne’s entertainment skills I managed to find her listing. To keep privacy I will not post it but I can say that she is a real host.

6 Likes

Showers of my guests really don’t bother me that much, because we here in US do not pay significant amounts for water. The amount is so minuscule that it’s not even worth to mention comparing to profits.,
It bugles my mind why anyone would take so many showers considering the fact that we have AC running and no one sweats in a house.
I have a friend who is like this. Everyone knows her crazy habit of spending hours in a shower. Her husband’s maine joke of the day is her showers. She gets up 2 hours before everyone in a household to do just that every single day and in the afternoon routine repeats. My friend is from Belarussia.
The point though is that you need to find a system to prevent guests of doing what you don’t want otherwise you will keep on getting this sort of behavior.
If you don’t want to take away kitchen as amenity then be very specific about long cooking. For example, write something like " gourmet cooking that takes long hours is not allowed. Please aim for meals that takes maximum preparation time of 30 minutes".
Really you can say anything in your rules and be as restrictive as you want , then it’s up to s guest to book with you or not. About showers I would even say something like:
Since water in my area is VERY expensive please help me keeps my rates down by taking short single shower a day.
If a person like me saw this message I would not have any problem with it since I take mostly one shower a day the most two and they are short since I do not wash my hair every single day.
For example I leave this ongoing problem with how my guests using my laundry machines. Most guests don’t use it but those who stay longer do. I only allow 2 loads a week which I think is very reasonable. The problem is that when I am not home this is when they do their laundry. I came home yesterday and discovered 7 items of clothes in a washer , most of them were underwear. Obviously the guy was washing all week he stayed like this, if there was no other clothes. That’s a total waste of water and energy. I took his clothes out and put it outside. When he came home he wanted to put it in dryer. I told him NO, it’s not enough clothes to run dryer for half an hour. I Also asked him how many laundries he did during week. He of course did not remember. I refered him to my rules where it clearly said " no more than 2 loads per person. He of course did not notice that part. He was not happy about the whole conversation , said sorry .
Next guest is going to hear from me when I greet him about laundry rules in details. I have to stop this from happening.
There is absolutely no need for anyone to do more that 2 loads per week. My machines are big. It’s just they don’t think and don’t care because it’s not their house and their bills.

1 Like

Privacy? Most of us here have posted our listings here at some time or another. Maybe because we are genuine hosts and have nothing to hide. Just as hosts like to know that the people they are letting into their properties are verified, those of us who chat here like to know we are chatting with real hosts.

5 Likes

I think it is better that we don’t write in the listing: maxiaml 2 loads…you should not xxx. instead i will say" the wash mashine and dryer at you disposal before 20:00." most of people can not see from this sentence that they can not abuse your mashine actullly they can not. because if the check in time is 17:00. they need to have a rest or go shoping, then it is already 18. You can suggest them to a shop where there are many customers, so they have to wait a long time to pay" so we can reduce their time in cooking and they foreget the washine mashine and dry can be used only before 20:00. 3 hours go very quick. The most of guests get up at 8 and leave at 9. So they don’t have time to use it any more. For longstay guests… have no idea yet. My chinese roommate put just 2 piece cloth or one pair of sportshoes each time in the washmashine after she cleaned the floor as we shared the room. Not sure if the host asked her to pay extra bill.