Catastrophic Loss due to Professional Criminal "Guests" - airbnb Denying $60k+ Damage Claim! Help!

Hire a lawyer. And post on Facebook.

1 Like

I have a smart home. Highly recommend installing motion sensors, and door sensors. ESPECIALLY on doors that are off-limits. The second they are tampered with you can message the guest, or just show up. AND / OR install cameras in the offlimits places. Make sure they are cloud-based so that you have the video if the camera is stolen.

1 Like

And make sure you disclose the cameras per Airbnb policy if you don’t want to get kicked off the platform.

1 Like

You will probably find that your own house & contents insurance will not pay out unless there are signs of forced entry.

do you meet the guests before check in? always meet to see if they are the same as profile photo and if they are dodgy

Why odd? When peeps start doubting what they OP posts and putting the blame back on them, it’s hardly a welcoming start on a forum. Particularly if you’re a new host, just learning the ropes and have had issues with the host guarantee.

There seems to be a suspicion that the hotel lobby are trying to scaremonger, but surely they’d be better off doing that amongst guests rather than hosts? Whatever the case, there are still enough hosts who’ve had miserable experiences trying to claim against the host guarantee so that it really does make you doubt the whole validity of it.

You aren’t the first to complain about this. I think you have a point and the forum could be more welcoming. Thing is, it’s a forum of individuals posting their opinions. A sort of forum culture has developed that is suspicious of outsiders, just like other social groups tend to become clannish and suspicious of outsiders. I’m sure I’ve been part of the problem instead of part of the solution too.

However people post anonymously here. We don’t know if people are hosts, guests, trolls, Airbnb spies, vendors and bloggers trying to win us over so they can piggyback on this forum’s success. Just a few days ago we had a new member who is getting ready to rent out his listing. Members spent hours helping him with suggestions on multiple threads and yes, he accused us of not being welcoming. Then for some bizarre reason he decided to out and out troll us. So he got banned. We don’t want those kinds of participants. Members have, in the past, been harassed, and their listing made public against their wishes.

Some people lie here with shocking, casual regularity about the most insignificant things like what their listing says, how many reviews they have, how long they’ve been a host. They lie about if they are trying to sell us something. With no introduction they present themselves here as if they are god’s gift to Airbnb and to us.

So yes, some members are a bit wary and unwelcoming. However if one doesn’t have a chip on their shoulder and they show their good faith by contributing to the “community” here they will find us to be funny, helpful and well worth the price of admission.

7 Likes

It’s sad when peeps do this, but also sad when others are tarred by the same brush for what could be an innocent post. If someone turns out to be a troll or harrasses peeps then they get exactly what they deserve but I prefer to take the stance of ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

I suspect it’s too much admin to verify users of the forum, that would be an easy way around it .

Yes but us mods are all volunteers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the hard part. The person the other day shocked all of us by being so friendly and then turning around and baiting us. Appalling, because we all wanted to like him.

You’re talking about a lot of work for a place that’s supposed to be a community of people posting to help each other. Hey, if Airbnb can’t really verify too well, and they are a company valued at $31bn, then there’s not much hope for a small forum where mods already work for free. :rofl:

When I joined I was told you could only join if you posted a link to your listing. That seemed a good way to make sure someone is a host and stop spammers coming on and promoting their business.

This seemed an easy and quick way to verify but doesn’t seem to be in place any more?

I think the mods do a great job.

2 Likes

I think it’s gone due to privacy concerns. Not everyone wants to OUT themselves. As I discovered, it can be scary. I disagreed with someone once and he outted me. What was next? I removed all personal info from my profile and thus it remains. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s why I said it would be too much. I wasn’t being sarcastic, I run an internet business and we have a forum on there so I understand how much it would involve, for very little gain.

Sharpen claws for the true trolls, they usually make their true colours known very soon after posting, but there’s a balance to be struck so that newcomers (or fairly newbies like moi) don’t get scared off. As it is, I haven’t had any bad / unwelcoming experiences on here (as yet?) but it would be a shame if a innocent poster was put off by a frosty response.

3 Likes

Sorry I don’t mean you have to have it on your profile, but that you need to send it to the mods, so they can check you are a host. I know that wouldn’t stop people who are hosts but don’t behave well, but it would cut out guests, researchers, would be entrepreneurs and businesses.

1 Like

No one is doing that now. We don’t approve the memberships of new posters. We see their posts the same time you do.

When I joined I don’t think there was any moderation at all. You had to write to Tommy with a problem. The forum was a big spammy billboard … and you thought it gets spiteful and nasty now??? OMG, the forum was unusable in those days. You might not like your mods (we often get nasty PMs from users, it’s a thankless job) but at least the forum is usable!

2 Likes