Would you refund for inconvenience? Electric Fault due to overload

You probably want to say that the voltage in the US is different :wink:.
However I donā€™t see what this has to do with it. A correct voltage is important for the appliances, but I guess all the appliances where made for the voltage available.

Yes typo
ā€¦ ā€¦

I think you dodged a bullet here. While I donā€™t know that I would refund the guests, I do think that you need to do some serious review of your electrics, if the electrician hasnā€™t done so already. The whole point of a fuse-box is to melt a fuse or trip a circuit-breaker, BEFORE any wires melt. Perhaps I misunderstand, but cables melting is a serious problem and you need to find out what is going on. If the damaged cables are before the fuse / circuit-breaker box, they are underrated compared to the fuses or breakers you have installed. If the melted cables are after, they are badly undersized, or the fuses / breakers arenā€™t properly sized, installed or working.

The whole point is that whatever a guest does, no matter how outrageous, there should be no damage to wiring; blown fuses or tripped breakers only. If thatā€™s not the case then you need your electrics reviewed by a competent electrician, ASAP.

2 Likes