What must have tools do you use?

Hi.

I’ve just released a new website http://www.airportrs.com.

You can use to give your guests options to get to the city centre from airports. We list the options in a clear and simple way (price and time).

Hey everyone! My name is Christian and I work for Airdna (http://www.airdna.co), a company that provides data and analytics to the rental industry. We have created market intelligence reports for over 4,000 neighborhoods, domestic and international, that show vacation rental revenues, occupancy rates, seasonality, and much more.

Lisa,

For the Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver areas you can use airdna.co! They are great for pricing, and they cover the U.S., Canada, and Europe too.

I just published a great new eBook that outlines my process of setting up a space quickly wherever in the world you land!

You can pick up the first chapter of Portable BnB for free over at http://blissylife.com/portable-bnb/

We had talked about offering flowers from our farms. Now wehave special packs and prices of our roses, that go directly to your location, and works really well for decorating, and due to its freshness, you can easily have them last up to 15 days, as long as you take care of them.

http://bit.ly/1hEBdPs

I’m Karen, Founder of Citizen Home. We are a marketplace for home goods, at special prices, for hosts, boutique hotels, and BnB’s. Citizen Home is launching January 2016. We’d love any suggestions as well on the things you need as hosts!
www.citizenhome.co

1 Like

What a great idea! I am looking forward to seeing you guys launch!

Hi Gang,

For any of you in the Toronto area, we have just launched a cleaning/turnover branch to our successful pro hosting business.

Lots of local hosts were always asking to borrow our cleaners, or just to find good, reliable help to do Airbnb turnovers. They wanted someone that understood that it’s different from a normal cleaning. Anyway, we took that to heart and launched H&P Cleaning!

We made it super easy to book your turnovers or regular cleanings online, without having to fuss with phone calls or emails. There are also discounts for ongoing scheduled cleanings. Check it out and please feel free to PM me with any feedback :smile:

Try out Pearlshare Chris - I’d love your thoughts.

Hi Chris, thanks for the post! I wanted to share our tool’s use case with AirBnB hosts.

Many independent hosts use KeyReply to reply guests on the go with templates on their phones: KeyReply. It’s convenient and simple to get started.

Let me know if you need further info. :smiley: Drop me a line anytime at spencer@keyreply.com

I was very interested in signing up. Then i found that Airbnb is launching their own dynamic pricing tool next month for Free so decided to wait till Jan16. Isnt BP a strategic partner with Airbnb? Not sure what the relationship is but it seems Airbnb’s free service would definitely affect BP’s marketshare. As far as I know only BP and Everbooked offer dynamic pricing service.

Could you please elaborate on what is so complicated? I know our income from bank statements. I know our direct expenses from grocery receipts. Certain other expenses are trickier because you have to depreciate them over a period of years. I tend to just let those go because we’re not making that much anyway. We’re not a multi-room hotel - just simple homeowners with a couple of rooms we let out.

As for other tools, in the past week I’ve needed a screwdriver, a hammer, and a wrench. Oh, and a vacuum cleaner. And some J-cloths.

Hey Chris,

In my day-to-day work, I manage multiple airbnb accounts for our customers and found this tool very useful. It makes it easy to organize your messages into templates and manage all guests from a single place.

http://www.airbnbmultichat.com/

I’ve been hosting for about 5 years. I love to travel so more often than not I’m away when my guests arrive. I was always worried that I either forgot to schedule a cleaner for the turn-over, scheduled the cleaner and they forgot… or even in the best-case scenario when my long-standing housekeeper was taking care of my turnover, I worried she would forget an important detail (like cleaning the fridge out or leaving the keys in the lock box). In the past few months I’ve been using an app called Properly (SF based start-up).

Properly is a mobile tool to help you communicate turnover instructions to any hospitality pro. It gives you peace of mind that every last detail was taken care of. What a visual checklist does that your paper turnover checklist CAN’T:

• Notifies you when your housekeeper starts and finishes
  • Translates your directions into other languages for you
  • Gives you peace of mind even when you’re remote

You can download it for free here: https://goo.gl/KbMR14

FULL DISCLOSURE: I now work for Properly. I started out just testing their app before they launched and loved it so much I accepted a part-time job (I’m still hosting full-time). I’ve been wanting to share this mobile tool with fellow Airbnb hosts but didn’t want to appear sales-y. Just discovered this board and thought it would be an appropriate place to share.

I would love to hear from fellow hosts whether this tool is useful to you. We’re brand new so appreciate any feedback you have.

Cheers,
Lisa

BP integrates with Airbnb. Let me know what you thought about their tips. Most hosts have found them to be significantly lower than what they can actually get and so “free” actually ends up costing them much more than 1% that BP charges, since they are losing money by charging less.

As 3-year hosts on Airbnb, we have developed an app called Your Porter App (yourporter.com) for the hosts with multiple listings. We noticed our daily routines (scheduling cleaning & check-ins) can be automated better.

Your Porter App sends task lists to your co-workers about daily cleaning and check-in duties. It also sends customised emails with an online arrival form. When the guest fills out the form, Porter updates your guest’s time of arrival on your timeline. It even informs you if there is a delay on the flight. I remember I wasted too much time waiting for my guests to check-in. :slight_smile:

At first, Your Porter was created for my personal usage but when I see lots of hosts started to use it and share their feedback we keep improving Your Porter. So you are very welcome to sign up at yourporter.com and share your ideas.

i LOVE Beyond Pricing. The stats they include in addition to pricing algorithm are great. The fact they change prices constantly based off how many days away it is, what day of the week, what season it is, if it’s the weekend, if it is a 2 day vacancy on your calendar they will drop your price `-$7, i.e. because it “2 day vacancies are difficult to fill”, they even factor in if there is a local event going on. it’s AWESOME. I make far much more than I did pricing via Airbnb.

What I really want to see is this new airbnb algorithm for pricing… apparently they do not offer it in Seattle?? surprising b/c Seattle market is massive for airbnb,

Anyone in seattle have this issue?

Thanks

Rory

Hey Roy,

I tried couple of time to register on your porter site, no success ! the register link doesn’t get activated, any suggestion ?

Cheers,
Soul

Not sure if you are still looking for replies, but I get gallon toilitieres and cleaning supplies from www.airbnbhostshop.com and have been veyr happy with them so far.

Landlordy app for tracking income and property expenses. Dropbox (of course). MileIQ app for automatically tracking mileage.