We are Superhost for a year and today we recieved this letter from Airbnb? What should we do?

Hi all,

I am a new poster so please understand.
2 months ago we had a problem with a guest (noisy room) but we paid him compensation by Airbnb. Then 2 weeks ago Airbnb disbaled our account. We know that our account were disabled since all future reservations were canceled with no reason. Then we asked for help and now they sent us this letter. What should we do now?

This is the email:

“Masa K, Mar 20, 02:25 CDT:
Hi Ngan,
Thanks for reaching out.
We regret to inform you that we’ll be unable to support your account moving forward, and have exercised our discretion under our Terms of Service to disable your account(s). This decision is irreversible and will affect any duplicated or future accounts.
Please understand that we are not obligated to provide an explanation for the action taken against your account. Furthermore, we are not liable to you in any way with respect to disabling or canceling your account. Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with respect to such matters, and this decision will not be reversed.
We’ll contact you if anything changes in the future, but until then, we won’t be able to assist you any further with your account issues. Please see our Help Center for further information:
Masa”

Many thanks for your help

To what was this in response?

They were disable our account and all future reservations has gone and now we got this email. Someone can explain about it?

Yes, but if you read the communication, it states, “Thanks for reaching out”

Did you have any other communication with AirBNB? Did this come out of the blue?

2 Likes

Yes was thinking the same @Ash953. What was the previous correspondence with Airbnb about before this message came in …@Tung_Pham we don’t know what this message is about only air will know. Has anyone complained about your listing recently ?

1 Like

Nothing before this message. They were disable our account and all future reservations has gone. This happened 2 weeks ago and we asked them for help. Now we received this letter.

Asked them for help about what ? You’re being very vague and at the moment trying to get useful information is like extracting teeth. If you’d like some assistance you need to provide the background to this message; I’m sure it did not just come out of the blue.

Edit: perhaps you’re saying the message did come out of the blue at which point you asked for help?

2 Likes

So two weeks ago they disabled your account? If so…how were you notified that they disabled it? Did they send an email or you noticed your listing disappeared?

Then you called them to find out why your account was disabled? And they replied with the message above?

1 Like

@Tung_Pham I notice you’re a new poster. I recommend you write with as much information as possible because you have a limited amount of posts … if you spend them all providing unclear/skeletal accounts you’ll reach your posting limit before any meaningful discussion can be had.

We know that our account were disabled since all future reservations were canceled with no reason. Then we asked for help and now they sent us this letter. What should we do now? We had a problem with a guest (noisy room) but we paid him compensation by Airbnb and we dont think that’s the reason they disable our account.

Thank you so much for your help I just revised the post.

Can you explain the guest situation a bit. Do you think this guest retaliated and tried to tell Airbnb that you discriminated against him while he was there. Even if you didn’t, is it possible the guest made up a story? Did this happen right before all of your reservations were cancelled.

1 Like

Not a problem.

@Tung_Pham there’s nothing you can do about this decision. Like the message says you can’t ask why … and if you try to list again your accounts will be blocked.

It’s unfair but I’m not in the least bit suprised. Unfair is how Airbnb roll these days.

It’s possible the guest who complained a few months ago caused a stink but we’ll never know …

2 Likes

So now what should I do? I have to leave Airbnb? wao that’s crazy.

Yep. If you’re listing whole properties you might want to consider handing over to a property manager who can list and manage the listings on your behalf. Some money may be better than no money.

You can also try listing on other websites… there’s lots of threads about alternatives.

3 Likes

Can we use AirGMS for managing? We dont have property manager service in our country. We have around 10 lists and without Airbnb will be a disater.

@Zandra could you please send us about the links? Many thanks.

I’m sorry you’ll need to do some research. I just list a room so I don’t pay much attention to the wider discussions but other hosts will be on here soon and can say what they use.

If you have that many properties for sure you’ll need a property manager to take over.

2 Likes

It looks like they believe you violated terms of service – did you accept cash or accept bookings outside the system at some point? Regardless, there’s no real arguing with them – they’ve decided to disable your account so look for alternative platforms to advertise. It sounds like you rent a room within a house which limits your options a bit (whole unit rentals have vrbo and homeaway, etc. as alternative platforms that get plenty of business).

Good luck.

2 Likes

@chicagohost thank you so much. but it’s really unfair for us.

Exactly. Airbnb can do this to any listing at any time and is not obliged to enter into correspondence or debate the whys and wherefores. We all agreed to their TOS when we joined and it could happen to anyone.

However, I don’t believe that Airbnb would do this without good reason and there could be many. If STRs are illegal in the area, if the landlord / condo association / HOA have reported the listing, if the neighbours have, if the listing often gets negative feedback … so many reasons but the fact is that it’s Airbnb’s service and they make the rules.

1 Like