That was just one of those days

Let’s hope Mike finds a suitable place to land very soon. The three holes are from a drunk guest who broke my candlesticks, threw them away, hid the broken LED candles in the closet, then bled all over the bed linens, couch cushions, and pillows. She then crashed into a side wall, a kitchen wall, and a bathroom wall. They weren’t large holes, but it was a major PIA to deal with. Thankfully, we had a day in-between guests to get the walls patched. I was most annoyed with myself for putting the 30 year old candlesticks in the space. That was my mistake–live and learn.

O my god . I had a guy guest once when he fell and hurt his eye and bled all over pillows

I am actually going to do it tomorrow. I will file a complain against him for threatening me with some stupid ticket, what an idiot! And not doing his job, but instead turning it all against me.

3 Likes

May be he had a job like that when he was younger. I thought of it too:):slight_smile:

1 Like

I would just leave the whole thing alone. It can easily catapult into a situation you’d rather not be in. So I’d just leave the police issue alone, really!
Keep us updated on the Mike situation!

Yeah, my husband tells me the same to just leave it alone. I will see how i feel tomorrow

.Michael finally left the street
I called Airbnb and told them the story. I dont want anyone else going through this with him. Then i read his reviews and 4 out of 9 were bad. One host said, that he was sneaky and tried to get his way back into the house by pretending he forgot there half a pack of croissants??? what???

Another host said, that he doesnt like leaving bad reviews for guests, but in this case he had to…And that was all he said, leaving other hosts guess. I left short and to the point review, and wished him better life circumstances and this is really how i feel.

I think one of the reasons he got himself into this situation yesterday because noone approved him and all the available IBs had a condition on approve if he was recomended.

He spent many hours on a phone i heard with a lady host and was trying to cancell one reservation with her. Then he never knew when exactly he was going to leave. I think he was standing on my driveway waiting for answers from hosts.

(Raises hand)

I’ve been doing this for about a year, so I’m basically a beginner. Maybe around 80 stays. Airbnb lists 79, but I don’t know if that is the grand total, though it probably is. I’ve had one person I would really consider a bad guest. There’s a thread about him here somewhere. And he wasn’t nearly as interesting as Yana’s Guest Who Would Not Leave. If anyone cares, I can link to the thread.

1 Like

Yes, lets read it! Post it please

Well, Ok, if you really want. But you might have read it already. You posted to it.

The thread is only 260 messages, so it should be a snap to read.

1 Like

Aaa, yeah i remember that one. Yes,Mike is definitely a “winner” . But see how you say there that apparently good reviews are not that reliable…

Yes, but that was regarding reviews by hosts about a guest. A typical popular listing gets an order of magnitude more listings than any guest would.

totally agree that you should file a complaint with the city about this cop. you should file the complaint, then you should forward it to whomever your elected officials are. that is really terrible.

Also, you gave me a chuckle about Chip and Dale. I think you mean “Chippendale.” Which, is totally fine and understandable. I speak two other languages (very poorly) and am constantly saying funny things on accident.

but yah - chippendale v chip and dale.

6 Likes

hehehe, thanks for correcting, i was not sure. My Mike is even hotter than this guy:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Why do we do this again?? Oh yeah. Cash…cold hard cash.

1 Like

Hahaha, I love Yana’s way with words. Mike is hotter than that? Post a pic? You can blur his face, we just want to see the bod!!, hahahahaha.

1 Like

Oh yeah the French guy who was sooooo mad about not,getting to leave,his luggage. See how we all remember each other’s nightmare guests?

2 Likes

Now he’s “my mike”?
:joy:

1 Like

Yes, several random phrases pop into my head at times like this.

“Raindrops keep falling on my head.”
“It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to.”
“Mama said there’d be days like this.”
“Tomorrow…tomorrow…I love ya tomorrow…”

Oh, and, of course–“SHOW ME THE MONEY!”

1 Like

Wow…maybe we shouldn’t have wished him away so quickly. I’d like a gander, too, lol… :wink:

After he left i talked to other 2 guests who stay here long term and they said he freaked them out too. He would not talk to them also and just stared. Mike has a dark vibe for sure.