Super low season in Europe?

@konacoconutz: Great hair!

P.S. What type of animal is on your son’s shoulder? (just kidding!)

Faux fox! Hahahaha…

Barcelona is DEAD after New Years - end of March. We are also on the high end price wise and Im not willing to cut our rates in 1/2 to try an compete with the hostals.

3 Likes

I am in Edinburgh (popular with tourists all year round) and every year I managed to fill about 80% of days,but this January is really quiet.

1 Like

I wasn’t - simply talking about where we are located geographically :slight_smile:

We have exactly the same problem with bookings. We were full until october, then december only few days (for high price so it was OK), but january is really bad when it come to bookings, even for our neighbours in Prague 3. We have only a 5 star reviews and will get a superhost soon. If that will not help, we will also choose a long-term, although we were happy to be short-term and are definitely enjoying this job.

I love Prague! We visited last year… stayed in a hotel, though—the Ibis Eden in Slavia.

Dev, I am in the UK, near to Dover in Kent, and only started in June '17, so no full year under my belt. I think you may be experiencing two things; the end of your Newbie Boost at the same time as low season which began here in October My NB ended at the end of September, so just as high season came to an end. However, other tourism businesses locally are experiencing a downturn compared to last year. I think Brexit is definitely affecting people travelling from the UK to Europe, given what’s happened to the exchange rate and general economic uncertainty. Perhaps you inadvertently started your STR at a difficult moment in time, so it can only get better, let’s hope.

And however much Kona waxes lyrical about snow, she does live in Hawai!!! You should have seen the pics of Hawaiian sunsets she posted over Christmas; I had to bite my tongue! For those of us in a wet, cold, melty snowy climate, well, I just want to stay here by the fire, or go south to Portugal.

1 Like

I really, really should check the dates of posts…

1 Like

me too! I start to reply and then realize I have repeated myself!

Haaaa! So glad I’m not alone x

This is the problem with resurrecting old threads…