South Florida Section

If you type in Hollywood, Florida or better Fort Lauderdale airport, i will come up right away.
I have such awful guests on booking.com lately that i am thinking of giving it a rest for a bit.

Yana I did type in Hollywood and also ft Lauderdale in search even zooming in to your location and you donā€™t show up. it was only when I typed your address that I got from Booking that you finally showed up on air. So this might be why you are not getting any air hits. and you have 42 reviews so you should be up there. I searched with windows search engine. I will try again with firefox. I think that you might have to up date a price here or there even if it just like a dollar or change a wording since the air search engine put listings that made changes a little higher. Remember that Airbnb keeps your cookies so it will always put your listing up front . to really see what everyone will see you have to see it incognito.

Carmen, I am there, you donā€™t see me I donā€™t know why. I see myself right away and I search incognito. Update price to what? I know my minimum, I am not going any lower.
I really donā€™t think I need to improve anything at all, not wording or pricing. I have been doing it for more than a year, and I think I got a hang of it:).

I donā€™t think my slow times are because my price is high , last yer it was 30% higher and I still was booked, or there is something wrong with my wording.
I asked this questions because I wanted to see if everyone is going through the same slow time as me.

@Yana_Agapova - I did an incognito search (Hollywood) and youā€™re there on the fifth page. I canā€™t help regarding the slow time because we only listed on Air last December so I donā€™t have any data from this time last year to compare. But Iā€™m closely following this discussion because certainly inquiries are going down for me.

Anyone have a Air in the Keys with a boat dock? Looking to have a long weekend over Labor day with my high school bestie and her husband :slightly_smiling:

Hoping to get a home exchange but thought I would see what yā€™all had to offer as well.

I have seen quite a few like that but that weekend is super busy and expensive because even the locals jam the place.

Be aware scammer alert.

Folks this guy came to me as a new guest no reviews and now with three different names.

The request was so familiar that I remember when I began declining this guy.

here is the inquiry for one day:

My name is Walter. I will be booking a stay at your place next week. Before doing so I Wanted to share a bit of my story with you and get some info. I am recently separated and I myself have a beautiful house in Cutler Bay. My 2 kids live there with their mother. I have not yet signed a lease as i am debating whether i buy or lease a home. In the meantime my kids are everything to me and I would like to be close to them. My home is on 188st right off old cutler so as you can see we are practically neighbors. I wanted to find out if you have any long term arrangements on your BNB, for example for a month.

Please feel free to call me at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Also I work for a law firm and my office is in Boca Raton so i tend to go out at 5AM for cycling and come home in the late hours too (between 1 and 2AM). during the weekends i spend it with my kids. So basically i just need a place to crash while i figure out a more permanent situation.

Thatā€™s my story. Let me know what you think. In the meantime I will book a stay at your Air BNB next week and we can talk if you are open to longer term options.

Walter.

He wants to rent for a month, same sob story about divorce and exact same story as Harry from Jan and he lives on the same street as Walter.

My reply was sorry but I am booked till july and I only allow max of 15 days.

Lately I have been getting a lot of monthly even 6 month inquiries which I simply will NOT do because of tenants rights begin at 30 days.

Thanks for the warning @Carmen !

I just want to make all are fellow south florida host aware, this smells fishy.

1 Like

Yep smells like the dumpster at the fish dockā€¦ So far nothing like this on this coast.

I know! LOL. We are having ZERO luck with home exchange. The only thing I have found was in Key West, and thatā€™s the last place I want to be over Labor Day. Too much traffic and Too many tourists!

Azreala, ANY local would tell you HECK no on that weekend. The keys during the summer are actually nice like fort myers and well Miami is just busy all the time but at least prices are cheaper.

@Carmen I grew up in Boca, so, yes well aware! We were hoping to go to Islamorada, but have had no luck with a home exchange and limited Ari options. There is NO way we are going all the way own to Key West, it will be a nightmare! My DH has never been to the ā€˜realā€™ keys and we (my high school BFF) and I thought it would be fun to take him, since we are already going to be to So Flo for Labor Day weekend. The thought was drink, fish, drink, cook fish, drink, sleep, repeat :slightly_smiling:

We may just do this in Boca if we canā€™t find something.

Hello South FL hosts, was anyone else invited to attend the airbnb meeting today, Saturday, in Miami?

Not me. Are you going? If so, please tell us all about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I canā€™t I have a bridal shower but maybe hubby can go, where is it?

Didnā€™t hear of it. Of course itā€™s the other side of the state from meā€¦

It was held in airbnbā€™s new office in Wynwood. There were about 20 superhosts.The airbnb representatives talked about their efforts to influence political decision-makers(lobbying). They asked hosts to come up with local businesses that would be willing to show their support to airbnb hosts (e.g. mom and pop pizza places, etc), with the idea that airbnb activities benefit the community in general.

Ok fellow south Florida hosts, help me out here, can anyone of you know of a cleaner that knows the airbnb mindset and is willing to travel to Cutlerbay (southern end of the Miami dade county) I am going to be visiting family in NC and have blocked off those dates. I clean my unit myself and I am very picky but I am ocd about the place but for those ten days I would need just a trust worthy person that only has to clean since I have self check in.

I want to limited that time period to a min of 3 to 4 days so turn over would be minimal so I am willing to pay 50 bucks for each turn over which is at the least 100.00 or at the most 150.00 . My studio is 300 square feet which I detail when I have a day in between and I spend with my every nook and cranny 4 solid hours in between guests. I donā€™t expect that I just expect a clean made up studio.

Also I want to offer I would be willing to trade services if anyone is interested. But I need to find a cleaner for when I need a vacation and really want advice on this.

The dates are October 9th through the 19th 2016.