Shower gel/ shampoo etiquette

Ok, my bad. Then she needs a sign or a new rule. Sigh.

Yep, that’s why I suggested adding it to her rules.

Of course we aren’t hotels @Chris

Rather an odd comment.

Many of us offer a room in our homes, others a whole listing.

I don’t know of any definition that would regard that as being a hotel.

I think Chris meant that as a joke.

2 Likes

Yes I assume @chris was joking. That said I think house rules about shower gel is possibly a step too far.

It was sarcasm.

But it is a fact that AirBnB is actively targeting guests that would normally book hotels.
AirBnB is even proud of taking away hotel marketshare.

And to most people AirBnB is now considered the “cheap alternative for a hotel”.

And with the hotel guests, comes hotel guest behaviour.

2 Likes

Good grief…both White Rain and Suave make $1 plastic bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash…in most supermarkets, drugstores and Dollar Tree.
Supply a couple of beach towels and Solo cups for the pool.
Raise your rental by a dollar.

No glass byhe pool is a no brainer and you wont come off as an over controlling host.

We are a hotel and if you are giving up your privacy for money, you have to learn to adjust.

One thing is to adjust, another to go along with whatever different guests wish to do. Even hotels have rules, they are not adjusting to each guest. Even hotels charge deposit for towels that you take out of your room. Not mentioning the fact that AIrbnb is not a hotel but an alternative to a hotel

2 Likes

I have three very nice plastic pumps labeled Shampoo, Body Wash and Conditioner. Though I do not have a pool, if I did I would also add to the label DO NOT REMOVE.

1 Like

If you have checked that you supply shampoo in your Airbnb amenities, and you have a swimming pool that they can use, then it is reasonable that they are taking it to pool area as they have not been provided with any other. Even then, if I were your guest, I would never take glass to the pool area and I would have asked you if you had a plastic dispenser for that. I have one set of very large dispensers in shower (all plastic) for gel, shampoo, and conditioner. I don’t use these. I have my own which I take into the shower, Because my set is more expensive than their set. I would get rid of the glass first if all, and I’d make up some small plastic bottles they can use for pool area.

I disagree. When I use the pool I come back up and use my personal shower because the one down stairs is made of clear Perspex and there isn’t much privacy. I’d prefer guests came back up and showered in the flat as I then don’t need to worry about items getting lost downstairs. I provide robes for use in the pool area.

I’m personally intrigued as to how this glass bottle of shower gel made it from the women’s changing room to the men’s changing room so they could both shower.

You may have to put a ridiculous sign on the bottle saying, please don’t remove our shampoo from the flat. What’s with people, get a travel size bottle and use it. Some locker rooms even provide soap! Nice of you as well to provide robes as I know you have to take laundry out… I am not sure I would go to that much trouble for such a low price point flat. You know? Just want do they want for 40 pounds per night?

Every time I read this thread I’m absolutely gobsmacked to read that people think it’s fine to take the communal, this is the dispenser for the home, bath gel out of the flat. If you mention there is a park nearby, I guess they should also be allowed to take your blanket to the park for a picnic, along with any serving items or cutlery they need. If it’s sunny surely they should be able to take your hat as they wouldn’t have room to pack that.

I learn something new every day.

4 Likes

Pretty sure this is why all my forks and wine openers disappear.

2 Likes

Buy the twin prong type. They won’t know what it is or how to use it and will leave it there. LOL.

3 Likes