Shady guest right now..Roommate is annoyed and about to tell her to leave...Help?

ah well… we all suffer from that from time to time. :wink: Peace!

1 Like

I would also recommend getting a ring camera for your door bell if you can, and FlirFX mades good security cameras too. It gives you piece of mind, and both cameras give you motion alerts. I place mine outside because homeless people were in my back alley. I also posted a sign that says “under 24hr video surveillance” the sign alone has helped with homeless people being in the back alley.
One more thing before she leaves, take pictures of everything in the house so you can review them after she leaves to see if anything is missing. Like pictures of all the contents of the cupboards. ( I would also hide extra toilet paper rolls, they are a commonly stolen item).

And give a brutally honest host review. – I wish more hosts would warn each other more about guests.

1 Like

Change your locks as soon as she leaves. Make that appoinment now! You may want to put away some of your more precious nick nacks and jewelry unless you already have a lock on your bedroom door. In that case, move said things to your room. Good luck!

This is one benefit of having digital codes. Also every airbnb host should learn to change out door knobs and locks themselves. All you need is a screwdriver. You can take the lock out and take it to a locksmith to be re-keyed. It saves the house call which is the biggest part of the charge if you are only changing one or two locks.

3 Likes

Stick it out, honor your commitment to her ( Unless she does something really radical to piss you off) and consider It a lesson learned. Never book third party, she’ll be gone in 48 anyway.

I dabble in Ebay selling as a hobby and once sold an item worth $220 for .99 cents. I did everything wrong because I was new to the Ebay system and too eager. I would’t cancel the auction early because It was clearly my decision to start it at .99 cents (and it would also be unethical.) I fell on my sword (so to speak), ate the chocolate burrito and sent it off with a smile.

Don’t throw her out, think of your Karma. I now live next to the Quantico USMC gate and consider myself lucky since most of my market is Marine OCS or their family. Marines and Airbnb, a match made in heaven - OORAH!! Karma has a way of bringing it back to you!

Sometimes we just have to live and learn, but we always honor our commitments. I hope she’s gone soon and gives you no challenges.

2 Likes

Update? Did she stay any issues?

What is a chocolate burrito?
My dad was USMC Lt. Col. Retired. He flew both jets and helicopters and had two tours for each respectively in Vietnam. After a stint at Headquarter Marine Corps in DC, He was also chosen for a prestigious military attaché post in an American embassy, which took us abroad for three years. Upon return home, he served as a squadron commander at Pendelton. He retired finally after 25 years when “they took away my toys,” (I.e., no more flying). Only upon his death did we discover a cache of medals for bravery and service. He always kept these hidden, never bragged about his missions or service (“you don’t want to know” was his standard answer if you asked what his wartime service was like) and was truly a humble, yet proud, Marine. Semper Fi!

2 Likes

chocolate burrito = $h*t taco, yes @izzy_MB? :wink:

You got!!! I sh#t taco!!!