Overwhelmed! What is the best way to..?

I don’t know if you have a Tuesday morning around you but you can order online, I have found great quality bedding there and purchased my coverlet (bamboo collection ) there.

Tell us more. Is this some kind of UV lamp that will detect bacterial infections? Can you provide a link and/or suggest what kind of item to search for?

I have a blacklight flashlight, but I have only ever used it to check for antifreeze leaks on my farm machinery. How dark would it have to be in a house to see anything?

So much good info in one comment. :purple_heart:

I’ve heard about people using black lights for such things as semen stains and other bodily secretions. But I don’t know if this is actually possible - they weren’t reputable sources.

Yes, I have a flashlight I got on Amazon. I originally bought it because of board dogs in my home and having carpet. Now I check the guest room with it. [quote=“LegendsCreek, post:37, topic:5430”]
How dark would it have to be in a house to see anything?
[/quote]

it’s doesn’t have to be pitch black.

Do you have the Amazon link? And what kinds of things does it show up? I see things called black lights on Amazon India, but I’m not sure what would be suitable.

Try Hayneedle.com. Good prices and selection

Black lights also known as uv lights show any bodily fluids.

I’ve seen them use them on tv before when examining hotels.

@KKC, if you don’t mind sharing, what part of the world are you in? You can always private message me. The only reason I ask is because my son was visiting me in April and he had to go out of town for an interview type thing, it was far enough away that he needed to take his puppy with him and stay a few nights. He found someone on the internet to take care of his puppy for the hours he was in the interview, who was willing to do it on just a few days notice, and he just so appreciated that service, so I just think it’s a really cool thing you are doing :slight_smile:

@faheem I honestly don’t know which one I got, it doesn’t have a brand name on it. I’m sure there are a bunch that would be fine. Like this one. https://smile.amazon.com/Flashlight-Blacklight-Ultraviolet-Counterfeit-Scorpions/dp/B00XILF5F8/ref=sr_1_10?

@brook2adks I am in El Paso TX. I am a DogVacay host but there is also a similar service called DogVacay. I’ve done a few last minute day care type things but I don’t list daycare as a service, I primarily do overnight boarding. DogVacay is only in the US and Canada but I know there is a similar service in Europe I think it started in Norway.

1 Like

I have heard of Rover.com … We tried it out but never got any inquiries. We also tried boarding our dogs with them and few people responded. How do you like DogVacay

Ok thanks. My son said the man was just the nicest person ever and just loved my Grand-puppy so much. Refused to take my son’s money because of his active military status, so my son had to go back later and leave the cash in an envelope somewhere where the man would find it!

1 Like

Hi @KKC,

Ok. Thanks for the link. Do you recommend getting one? Are they useful? Note: everything after the ref is redundant: i.e. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XILF5F8 will work.

@LegendsCreek I am not a Rover host but a lot of DV hosts are on both sites and the consensus seems to be that they like DV better for customer service but they like the functionality of the Rover website and app better. I know this from being a member of a DogVacay host facebook page and a member of a so-called Host Council for DV. I was at the DV offices in Santa Monica for 3 days and have met the CEO and most of the staff so I’m biased in their favor. Like any fairly new business they seem to be having some growing pains. But it literally changed my life. It seems that there are some real regional differences and I don’t know why one or the other is more popular in certain places. Are you close to Providence or the Boston suburbs? A lot of people don’t like to drive far but you offer a unique experience so you might get some customers. I know of a couple of hosts in your area. One is in Sutton, MA and one is in Providence and they both have plenty of business. I would be happy to give you more information if you decide you’d like to become a DV host you can pm me here and I’ll give you my email addy.

@faheem Yes…You should take a look at the new thread I started

We are close to Providence, and Sutton. Due to living on a farm, having goats, dogs and cats, its impossible for us to travel without putting the dogs in a kennel and having somebody come twice a day to feed the goats. We would really like someone who can stay while we travel and were looking for someone reliable. We will absolutely check our DV. We were hoping to take a 3 day weekend trip sometime later in the month.

Some DV hosts do home visits or overnights in the guests home. Many hosts like myself are too busy hosting in their own homes to do overnights at someone else’s place. Maybe you could find someone to come stay at your airbnb and care for the animals for free as a trade out. I would do it if I didn’t have other obligations. LOL. Would you like me to ask the hosts I know if they know anyone?

I deal with this issue often. I just send a nice email a couple of days before they arrive letting them know that although I like to allow early check in or late check out when possible, on this occasion I have guests before/after you and will need you to check in/out within the normal hours.