Newbies With No Facial Photo

I have been accepting newbies and some that don’t have faces. I do ask that they agree to house rules, and I ask them the purpose of their trip, and the age range of the group. I haven’t had any problems.

I truly don’t understand hosts who need a photograph. It can be of anyone or a photograph from twenty years ago. (Here, real estate agents are prone to this on their business cards!) I have several pics of me on various social media and websites and they are all more than ten years ago. It’s a vanity thing. :slight_smile:

My current guest is the same - her photograph is of her as a much younger woman. She is older than her photograph, but lovely. So no big deal.

I had a guest last year whose photograph was of a couple but it was a single guest who was coming. We had a lot of conversations on the Airbnb platform throughout which, I thought that the guest was the bloke. It wasn’t. These things happen! It is so rare that a guest’s photograph truly reflects them properly.

Plus, I use instant book so photographs are immaterial to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had many guests who had close ups of their face but when they got here they were unrecognizable. Some are older now, most have gained so much weight that they look different. It doesn’t really matter to me. I would like the person who stays in the room to be the one who made the reservation but since I don’t check IDs I’ll never know.

2 Likes

I know that I’ve banged on about this before but in the ‘old days’ (when I had a traditional B & B) the only thing you knew about a guest was his / her name. And that might have been false. No phone number, no photograph, no ID, no verifications, no reviews.

We survived. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right. The photo doesn’t really add that much and true, sometimes the guest looks nothing like their pic.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water young woman :slight_smile: :frowning:

This was a great video that our Stop Funding Hate campaign ran last Christmas to encourage retailers not to advertise in racist red top newspapers like the Daily Mail and Daily Express.

The music and some of the images are from an iconic Christmas ad by John Lewis one of our most famous department stores and other big retails Christmas campaigns.

1 Like