Joining wimdu..trying to join i mean

I signed up for wimdu about 11 days ago. Just when u think u have filled out all the requirements…
Its says we have to review your listing…7 days…
Have not heard anything… written to them 3 times. They are blatantly just ignoring me. Does it always take this long or are they just being precious?

Wimdu are a funny company. They are basically a copy of Airbnb and trying to do everything that Airbnb does - only they are not half as good. When I signed up, some years ago, it took them ages to verify me. They even gave me a phone call and asked lots of stupid questions - took about half an hour.

I have a Wimdu guest staying with me, right now, though, and he is a nice guy. So the bottom line is - Wimdu works just about fine, eventually. You need to be a little patient during the sign-up process. Also, remember that it is the Easter holidays, right now, so life in Germany is slow, this week. Most people are still dreaming of Easter bunnies, only slowly getting back to work.

1 Like

I would avoid Wimdu. I’ve had a couple of listings with them the past 3 years, but not many bookings and the customer service is horrible. If you’re looking for Airbnb alternatives, you should rather put your properties on more reliable sites such as Flipkey or Homeaway

Certainly not a good start so far… i liked these guys because there is no hosting fees and guests pay up front. Airbnb will let u publish your site immidiately on completion unlike wimdu…

Please elaborate on this. I recently started listing my rooms on Flipkey, too, and while bookings are slowly picking up, and payout is swift, they don’t seem to have anything like “customer service”. I’ve searched the site for ages, but simply didn’t find a way to contact them by email, let alone by telephone. Flipkey seems to be a fully automated service without any customer service at all.