If I "unlist" my listing, will I lose my current bookings?

My 2017 calendar is all booked up – I would like to my listing from appearing in search results, but obviously don’t want to cancel my current reservations.

What are my options? :slight_smile:

Block your calendar for those days you don’t want guests. Then people can’t book.

But if you’re just wanting to hide so you’re not caught breaking rules/laws, then I can’t help you there.

You can snooze or Unlist your listing. Both will remove your listings from being viewed, but will allow you to keep your existing bookings. I currently have my listing unlisted and all my bookings as continuing as before, I’m just not getting any new bookings.

If you choose to delete your listing, then I suspect that’s the one time you might lose bookings but you’d need to check with Airbnb.

2 Likes

I’m confused about your post. What kind of rule violations are you talking about?

I want to hide my listing to protect my own privacy, so local criminals can’t use the photos to scope out my property. My city is small enough and my house distinctive enough that a criminal could figure out where we are, and use my listing photos as a checklist of what to steal.

It makes sense if you aren’t looking for any more bookings this year to snooze or unlist until next year.

2 Likes

My apologies if I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that your calendar is full (with bookings) and that you wanted to hide your listing so you wouldn’t be found it that you’d rented more than the 13 days max. allowed. Sounds like that’s not the case, though.

Yeah, I thought that’s what he said too! Oh wait… that is what he said!

A case of changing stories for sure!

I’m just curious what government has a limit of 13 days a year! Do you think he meant 30?

No, I meant that my local government has some rules that kick in if you rent 14 days or more. I choose to only rent my house 13 days or less (during two peak tourist events in our area). Because I live in the house the other 352 days of the year, I don’t want photos of my personal home and private property advertised on the internet more than necessary. Since I’ve already booked guests for those 13 days, I no longer need to advertise for the 2017 calendar year and wanted to protect my privacy. Sorry if my initial post was confusing! :slight_smile: Hope that clears up the confusion.

I would block the dates or snooze the listing. The only way someone would “find” it is if they had found it while searching for your active dates.

just block out all the rest of the dates, so even if they find it they can’t book. And you can always strip the photos out, and add them back next year when you want to book.

Bear in mind that if they’re taken by an Airbnb photographer deleting your photos will mean those shots are lost forever. I don’t really see why deleting photos is necessary.

she just mentioned wanting to keep her privacy in a post above. And honestly I found the pics I took are better than the ones the airbnb photographer took.

your question wasn’t the least bit confusing but how kind of you to explain (when no one really needed a reason to question you lol funny not funny) and apologize with a smiley face for other people taking exception. all you asked is about viewing and current bookings which i will gladly answer.

*blocking dates will still show the listing if a searcher does not designate dates or if the searcher chooses dates outside what dates are set as blocked
*booking window options can be set for “unavailable”, or 30 60 90 120 days i believe
*listing settings can snooze, OR unlist; your bookings will preserve :slight_smile:

(US) STATE/FEDERAL perhaps LOCAL laws dictates one can rent 13 days/less than 14 without TAX implications
(in the US) LOCAL/STATE law governs the legality of renting including # of days
it doesn’t matter if her issue is 13 or 30 days the latter of which is only a COMMON LOCAL law at least here in the US) imposed about the LEGALITY of renting

obviously, photos can be saved prior to deleting; simple right click on the image for save as; shift print, copy, past, crop, or with an app such as snagit or snipping tool

i'm not sure its anyone's business as to why the OP/MW/QA wishes to hide the listing.  i don't know what is wrong w people on here.

"But if you’re just wanting to hide so you’re not caught breaking rules/laws, then I can’t help you there"

"Yeah, I thought that’s what he said too! Oh wait… that is what he said!...
...A case of changing stories for sure!
I’m just curious what government has a limit of 13 days a year! Do you think he meant 30?"

the OP/MW wasn't asking for judgement or corrections, just an answer to the question. 
 idk why people don't MTOB and just answer the d@mn question asked--reserve judgements, disapprovals and corrections for either parenting or teaching or just being ineffective bosses!!!