How would you handle semi-bad guests?

I’ve got 97% 5 star and no dust on the windowsills or anywhere else. That’s a lot of work for 2% points. I think I’m going to start slacking it. LOL.

2 Likes

Kudos, guys! I’m forever stuck at 78-79% 5 star reviews and I’m fine with that now. I did make SH a few years back for one quarter but I found it a bit stressful. My place is budget, the bathroom is kind of shabby, the house is old and well,it is what it is. Having that badge made me feel even more conscious of the shortcomings and constantly worried that someone would review saying ‘why on earth is this classed as a superhost stay?’.

3 Likes

Aw, so sorry to hear this. That really burns, and I’ve had it happen, too (guest being a mess and then docking me a star on something THEY caused). I had a very loud guy whom I had to ask several times to quiet down so other guests could sleep. He was the ONLY guest making noise; yet, he said my house was noisy! Argh.

WMost of my under 5 star reviews actually have come from renting my own personal house during Balloon Fiesta. I had several people rent it with large groups and then be angry that it wasn’t meant to accommodate that many people. I mean, it CAN and I assumed they understood from the photos what the bed and dining table could accommodate. I had the number of guests set higher for people with kids (who found the place ideal). Anyway, this was early in my hosting career before I realized that people don’t read!!! Or look at pictures and make personal evaluations on appropriateness lol.

It was still worth it for me though because we made enough to have our family trip to New York City that week fully paid for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @barefootNM sorry to hear about the review they left. But I’d do as @konacoconutz suggested. Plus, all it takes is 5 good reviews to cancel the effect of one negative review.

So let your awesomeness shine and the reviews will take care of it itself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes