How would other hosts handle this - bathroom backup issue

Since no one else is says it…

Higher quantities of food (associated with being overweight) = more poop in one sitting = higher potential to clog pipes.

Also…

Higher fat intake (associated with being overweight) = oilier poop = more toilet paper to wipe per sitting = higher potential to clog pipes.

So… not necessarily fat shaming as much as correlation/causation.

3 Likes

Excuse me for my language but your causation is full of horse$hit.
There are many reason a person would be larger than the “norm”.
You should visit your local hospital’s stroke victim unit and explain to these newly sedentary that the reason they are going to gain weight has to do with a ton of calories and a high fat diet and nothing to do with their new wheelchair.

I’m sat here and read this “crap” for long enough. My question to you fat shamners or PC correlation/causation host is do you specify in your listing that overweight folks need not inquire. If not you should so your potential guests know your stripes.

1 Like

…but I’m personally overweight.

So, your righteous indignation should take a back seat on this one.

2 Likes

No. It shouldn’t.

Your personal weight is irrelevant. There are many reasons that people are overweight, and the two reasons that you gave are just two of them. Perhaps that is how you eat, but my sister is a vegan who only eats fruit, veggies and whole grains, but she is forced to take massive amounts of steroids in order to keep her eyesight. Yea. She is overweight, but not because she eats too much or foods that are high fat.

The only reason anyone should take a back seat is if you said that YOU had bigger poops due to a crappy diet. Instead, you made a generalized statement that is limited in scope and knowledge.

2 Likes

Eeek, I’m sure that was not a reference you intended to make!
And discussing sizes of… Well, just when I thought this discussion couldn’t get more in the toilet!

2 Likes

So you fault me for citing anecdotes but then yours are somehow much more relevant.

Anyway, since logic isn’t your strong suit and you seem to take this far more personally than I do (who is actually overweight), then I’m not sure there’s point in me contuining to comment.

But carry on with your sanctimonious outrage if it makes you feel better. Clearly it does, for some strange reason.

2 Likes

Joined 2 hours ago and you’re causing trouble already. My husband was fit till he had a stroke, using your logic I think I’ll go dump him in the front yard and tell him to quit being lazy and exercise.

And by the way, 69% of Americans are overweight according to https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/Pages/overweight-obesity-statistics.aspx

So maybe you’ll update your listing in the next 2 hours to exclude 2/3 of the US population.

@HiddenHaven

Your tongue-in-cheek about your husband who had a stroke…“I think I’ll go dump him in the front yard…”

I’m sorry for laughing at the visual but it reminded me of my girlfriend whose husband was going to have double-knee surgery. I said to her, “So that means you’ll have to take care of his bodily needs and clean him up and such.”

She replied, “Heck no, I’ll just put him in the back yard and hose him off!”

2 Likes

And what percentage is overweight due to strokes or other non-dietary reasons?
And what percentage is overweight because of their diet?

It’s not because someone is new that they can’t open their mouth. And I even believe that @PHX said what he said about “more poop in one sitting” :laughing: more as a joke to lighten the discussion, than to hurt anyone’s feelings. I don’t think what he said was based on hard science or was even meant to be science-based.

1 Like

And thank you for the warm welcome.

I feel like the airline analyst who is only pointing out the obvious that overweight people cost more money to the carrier, owing to higher fuel costs–it’s not offensive; just fact. It doesn’t make overweight people bad, just marginally more expensive. I’m speculating the same is true with plumbing. Me saying this objective observance is NOT the same as applying offensive normative solutions like “we should ban fat people from renting/flying!” (even though you are trying to spin it that way).

Again–I’m overweight. I’ll even say I’m fat. I am part of the statistics you cite. And I really don’t need people like you trying to “stick up for people like me” because the underlying tone of that is one that fat people are inferior and need such vocal defense. I can pull up my XXL pants and have a reasonable discussion without taking everything as a personal attack.

Maybe you should try the same sometime. I think you’ll feel better if you do.

3 Likes

I’m actually not trying to stick up for anyone. My apology if I’m overly sensitive. Generalizing is never cool even if you’re in the demographic your generalizing about. Those conversations never turn out well.

The op points out the host in question was falsify a claim before the crap :poop: started growing to ginormous quantities.

2 Likes

Hahahaha too right

1 Like

Thought the same when this comment came up.

“Dump.” It may be time to flush this discussion! :sunflower:

1 Like