Problem solved. please delete the thead thanks

Ridiculous- Contact Airbnb and contact your police/child protective services-this is abandonment. For the future-adjust your house rules that children should not be left untended.

1 Like

You need to communicate with the father through the Airbnb platform. He can’t avoid that. That way you have a record.

Send him a booking change for the number of people. It doesn’t matter if he thinks the child should be free. Your home is not a restaurant. Take photos of the damaged blanket.

CALL AIRBNB. It’s your home. You have the power.

Normal people do not suddenly decide to go work in a new country with one day notice. If she is working, it’s probably illegal.

I think Airbnb has a way to cancel reviews of both parties if there is some kind of crazy situation going on, but they can’t do anything if they don’t know about it. Call!!!

1 Like

I did, but he didn’t reply

I am in Germany. There is no call center here… I tried to change the booking but it says we both need to pay the fee for changing…so that i have to cancel the requirement for changing of booking. The problem is the mother came and went how can i prove that she lived there for how many days. I can not just call the police like that. Last time i called the police because of airbnb deposite the police told me if i call them again because of cilvil problem i have to pay the police bill.

This entire story is really strange and a bit nonsensical. How long have you been a host and why in the world would you have allowed the “parents” to leave their minor child with you for even an hour, much less for days. You obviously don’t speak the same language and you don’t know their motive or anything about their situation…and you are worried about a bad review if you apply a charge for the child?! Incredible!

You need to lift your hands in the air and step a-waaay from your keyboard and call the proper authorities immediately…and I don’t mean Air. You could get into serious trouble because as for now, you are responsible and liable for the care of this minor child.

1 Like

Call the United States Airbnb number directly. Do it now. Airbnb resolution center and contact information with phone numbers - Tools - Airbnb hosts forum has the numbers. Have you emailed Airbnb? If not, do it now.

Wow, this isn’t very nice at all. Is this typical of Germany?

@SandyToes Agreed, this all seems a bit strange.

Let me preface this by saying that there are many exceptions in a population of 1.4 billion. Generally speaking, though, Chinese people will keep pushing your limits until you make them stop.

If you give an inch, they will take a mile. In business, they perceive any niceness as weakness. If you showed up to an Airbnb in China with extra guests, they would make you pay.

While Chinese people can be very giving and nice to their friends and family, they tend to treat strangers (“out group”) poorly by Western standards. If you try to handle them the way you would handle a German guest, it’s not likely to be effective.

You need to be blunt and firm. Stop worrying about reviews, for now.

Write the man a letter through the platform and tell him exactly what rules they have broken and what the consequences are. Tell him how it will be from now on. Don’t ask. Print out a copy of the letter and tape it to their, door, so there can be no misundstaning. Use simple English and short sentences. You might even put the letter through Google Translate and have a Chinese version below the English. You don’t have to be rude. Just be firm and business-like.

Also, call the number Faheem gave you!!! I don’t understand what you are waiting for.

3 Likes

You are right. But that guy didn’t reply my sms in airbnb that is the problem.

Even if he doesn’t reply, you are leaving a record for Airbnb. They can look at the old messages. He can’t say “I didn’t know.”

1 Like

i think he is going to say " i don’t know".

OMG - you have to document it on the platform and you have to call the ABB and press the number for an emergency. No more discussion. Just do it.

2 Likes

Something is wrong with this whole story. I’m scratching my head.

2 Likes

Agreed. Personally, I would not have let any of this happen and I would NOT stop to post in a forum!

2 Likes

Exactly, it’s all over the place, 3 year old, dirty blanket, bad review worries, no sms message, people coming and going and all with the same level of priority?
As we say REALLY??
And Kiki just joined the forum a few hours ago
And there is a CS number for Germany at the top of the forum
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80

Call me a cynic but I find this whole story unbelievable.
Obviously if it was true any normal person would immediately call Airbnb and the police. It’s clearly criminal child neglect.
Me thinks Kiki is “taking the piss”

(before you bother googling that slang term here it is):
" Taking the piss is a Commonwealth term meaning to take liberties at the expense of others, or to be unreasonable. It is often used to mean (or confused with) taking the piss out of, which is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, or scoff."

2 Likes

Yep! And if it is true then there are crazy hosts as well as guests!:wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I think we are being punked. Why, I don’t know - but you can’t begin to explain people’s motives sometimes, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

that number doesn’t work…if i call to the usa it will be very expensive

There’s a toll free number to the USA at the top and reallllyyyy? Expensive?
Don’t think you have your priorities in order

If they keep damaging your property, that will be expensive, too. 3 people when they paid for 2 is also costing you money.