Guest stained mattress pad and mattress underneath

Did he pay for three extra people? Do you have an extra person fee?

Angela,

Can you give us a better description of the type of place you rent out? How many guests? Any additional fees?

This is my listing: airbnb.com/rooms/2835502

I occasionally see a greasy looking stain on the blanket or quilt and figure they ate on the bed. Iā€™ve been able to get out every stain including tattoo ink using Spray and Wash stick or spray or oxyclean or hydrogen peroxide.

I did and he did not pay.

@Angela_Darcy. You will develop a tougher skin soon. He not only should be paying to have the ā€œfunā€ spaghetti removed, he should also be paying the extra people fee. I am really sorry that you had such a horrid group for your first AirBNB experience. There is a feeling amongst more seasoned hosts that people like this target new listings, knowing that new hosts are still learning.

Your listing looks amazing Dusty!! I have so much to learn!!

1 Like

All new hosts do. :slight_smile: (Even experienced hosts are still learning, thanks to this site.)

And this forum is the best place to do so. When I first found this place I spent ages reading every single topic. It took forever but it was so worth it.

Definitely. I think ours is $125.

What a complete loser to do that kind of damage to your home and say it should be covered by the cleaning fee, which is really a preparation or Turnover fee! And to sneak in extra people, not just one but three? And kids, too, which violates your rules.

Oh the kids were just having fun. Well how would he feel if someoneā€™s young kids decided to have fun by smearing spaghetti sauce all over the inside of his car?

This is a bad bad bad guest, and deserves a bad review.

Yes, install a security deposit immediately. Mine is $160. If you havenā€™t already, install security cameras. Do not rely on neighbors to spy. That will grow old and the neighbors may eventually resent it.

Be really firm on your house rules!!!

1 Like

So this is funny. I requested money from Airbnb which he disputes and left him a bad review and he just requested to stay at my house again next week. What???

1 Like

So he can take revenge? I assumed you declined.

I definitely declined and explained to him why. Once again he attempted to book for just one guest and I learned my lesson.

1 Like

I think this is not a big problem you can remove this stain with any mattress cleaner spray available on amazon cheaply. I will publish a post about mattress cleaning on blog soon.