Guest having loud sex in the bathroom - update: now threatening to sue

Maybe it’s because I’m an English speaker but it’s never as simple as that @GutHend.

1 Like

Yes I’m reading between the lines. That’s what happens when you put apparently irrelevant information into your post.

Please let’s not all start pretending that this isn’t how language and insinuation works. I really can’t take the pretence.

2 Likes

I don’t know why it was bad taste. It was the fun element in your story that you wanted to share with us. If it were a bodybuilder woman with a granddad, it would have been equally funny.
Don’t let the political correctness of this forum push you in a corner where you don’t belong.

6 Likes

I am not in the slightest bit politically correct but I know a side swipe when I see one. I didn’t know fat and Mexican was funny, thanks for enlightening me.

3 Likes

The funny part was the towels that were too small and the quarter size :rolling_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. It’s easy to be trying to describe someone and to slip into old easy ways of doing so. I’m guilty myself. However, given our current political climate I’ve become a little hypersensitive perhaps. If this “kid” looks really young, in every state you have a legal obligation to report. I’m not sure how you get from point A to point B now since you’ve asked that they leave but if a minor is involved it complicates things.

I don’t think you were over reacting.
My intention for hosting guests in a portion of my home is to make some income, provide a safe comfortable place for them to stay. I have a stand alone house on AirBnB now but intend to rent out rooms in a month or so in my residence.
I wouldn’t get into hosting in my home if it meant I had to listen to guests banging away loudly at all hours. Not saying it won’t happen but its offensive when you are exposed to it in your home. Only my opinion. Go ahead and bang away but quietly please. Side note: Maybe add ball gags to “concierge basket”,

As for your description for the visual, it painted a picture for me as was your intention. I would be shaking my head at that if I was exposed to any visual of half naked stranger while having coffee in my kitchen. Quite startling by the description. Fully lets us imagine what you had to espy.

2 Likes

When I have guests at home, I exit my bedroom fully clothed whether it is at night or during the day, before or after taking a shower, or just going to bathroom. So does my husband. This is done to make the guests feel comfortable and welcome. Walking around the common areas half naked is disrespectful regardless of size, ethnicity etc. I don’t care if it was a 6 foot model or 6 foot wide person. It is still unacceptable. Call it what you will.

5 Likes

@KKC I agree about the political climate. I live in NYC and people including myself were devastated, and still are, after you-know-who got elected. Not sure if he was underage but like I said he looked very young. Perhaps in his early twenties…just guesstimating though.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: what an idea ! Love it lol

The buffoon in the WH :clown_face: has made us all a bit sensitive. I think on the face of it, removing the references to size, age or ethnicity, what do we think of the OPs guest? Anyone here wanna host her…???

:laughing::flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::open_mouth:

5 Likes

I actually find much of this story to have reasons for asking a guest to leave [with a lot of additional details that don’t really matter]:

1. Sex in a common room
  2. Lack of clothing in a common area
  3. [and if she really did meet this guy in a bar that night] Visitor who was not on the reservation.

I would not want to host someone who didn’t understand that they were staying in my home and showed it in this manner.

8 Likes

As intended. I was being judgmental. And I made it clear that it was a personal preference stating what I don’t want to hear, relatively speaking. If you’re fine chatting with people who refer to the color, race, gender, sexual preference, waist size, etc., even when it isn’t relevant, which it appears you are, that’s your business.

The OP clarified her intent and made clear how she regards his or her fellow humans and so I could probably enjoy chatting with them in person.

Ehh… if only he was not the most powerful buffoon.

@smtucker this sums it up!

I wouldn’t host her, but for different reasons than other posters. I don’t mind sex in the shared bathroom. I’ve had couples as guests who shower together. I assume that they’re doing the nasty. Isn’t that one of the main reasons to get a pulsating showerhead? I don’t mind if guests have one night stands. I do mind people who overshare about their personal lives. They tend to want to talk about themselves endlessly which I can do without.

1 Like

BTW - I provide robes so I don’t see people walking around with just towels wrapped around themselves.

1 Like

Sex in the bathroom is ok, but not if it’s shared. When you share a bathroom, you must be considerate and not tie up the facilities that others may need urgently.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it very much. I hope I will handle the next situation like this one better.
Perhaps ballgags and robes will be provided going forward? :laughing: Seriously though, I think robes are on my next shopping list.
UPDATE:
She is still here, even though it is almost 2:00 and Airbnb representative told me that she is trying to reach her by phone and email. No response.
The representative told me to avoid “engaging” her, so I have been avoiding her. I did hear her in the common area earlier.
Should I go and talk to her? Just for clarity I really want to avoid it for my sake. And I also want to avoid embarrassing her any more than she may already be (by the message I sent her in the morning). Like I said before, I do feel guilty about throwing her out. Maybe she is not the worst guest…
I just want her to leave at this point and this drama to be over.

I can only tell you what I would do and that is that I would always talk to the guest first before contacting Airbnb. Even though you already have contacted them, face to face with the guest is always better.

Why do you want to avoid it for your own sake? Getting things cleared up with the guest is far better, although you have already sent her a pretty nasty message, you can reiterate it in person. The guest might think that you are someone who is quick to criticise when you’ve got a computer/phone app in front of you and not the real person.

1 Like

She is clearly not the kind of person who is easily embarrassed.

6 Likes