Forecasting 2018 rates

I hadn’t realised you were in a resort. Yep different kettle of fish. Out of interest how are you currently managing your price forecasts?

Quite a few of us might go now that we have a personality-disordered, orange orangutan taking office. Got any LTR accommodations CanadianHost? :smile:

I was offering a pre-booking special by offering 2018 bookings at 2017 prices if someone booked by January 15th. I’m relieved now that nobody booked after reading the suggestions about doubling the price!

1 Like

Hahahaha!!! Sure… everyone come on over and we’ll have a party for the next 4 years!!

1 Like

It’s SO depressing, some of us might start drinking more.

2 Likes

Oh, what a shame. :tropical_drink::wine_glass::beers:
Any excuse…

:anguished:

Your approach to pricing is the opposite of what the dynamic pricing sites do. They add a premium to dates further out. One of them says you should aim to be about 50% booked 30 days out and 32% booked 90 days out. If you’re more booked, you’re leaving money on the table because the demand for those further out dates has not yet peaked.

Perhaps you are more comfortable knowing you have a full year booked or it’s the nature of resort booking, but you might try raising your prices and seeing what happens. If your competition is getting booked up way in advance, too, you could charge a premium with slightly closer in time vacancy.

1 Like

I had few bookings through booking.vom very far into the furture but not with Air. I don’t advertise with booking.com from April of last year but I would honor the bookings anyway IF… all of them did not cancel. The last cancelationi received 2 week before new year

Booking requests that far out, I do not take through AirBnB.
I always try to lead them outside to a make direct booking.

This is beneficial for me and them, I get a 20% down payment and they do not have to pay the full amount at booking.
Also in this way, I can keep the rates the same, because both do not pay service fees.

1 Like

Hi @Chris,

Do you have your own web site now?

Yes, always had a website.
The website was there long before AirBnB.

This summer it got a huge update, and still working on adding more and more content.

2 Likes