First bad guests... Hurray!

Should that be “shouldn’t”?

Not really. I think I’ve tried to read a couple over the years. It, Pet Seminary, Christine. That sort of thing. I’m not sure I read any of them completely. He’s certainly effective at being scary, if that’s your thing. But mostly he’s not my taste. Plus, honestly, he seems like a bit of a weirdo.

Incredibly safe. I’ll pm you

We also don’t lock our house even when travelling overseas. Our front door doesn’t have a key but a bolt from behind. The kids used to head off to school and leave the front door open, people would assume we were home. It is a small country town, we have dogs. Our accommodation has locks and keys because people expect it

This happened to me actually when I was flying from Honduras and mixed up dates likes this.
They accepted the charge which is nice . Why you don’t give keys? So they need to be sure you always home? That’s a hassle.

@Yana, this is an older topic, but I’ll answer with a few quotes from above:

Feel free to ask me more questions about the topic, I’ll be happy to answer.

Never, ever be the cheapest thing around. This only attracts the impecuious and partiers. Make you guest room a bit luxurios and raise your price.

OLDER TOPIC

That was no option in our former place: Rental and the location was too bad to raise prices. And it would not solve the security problem of handing over keys to guests. Also, we only had 1 party couple and 1 bad experience.

Sorry I didn’t realize it was old topic . Nevertheless interesting one. Your fears are legitimate … I am just not sure how to go around the key subject.
I don’t know how I would stay in someone’s house without having access at any hour.
I like to go out a lot when I travel. And sometimes I come home at 2-3-4 am. I wouldn’t want to alter my lifestyle because of my hosts fear of giving out keys.

I think the key thing must be mentioned in your house rules for sure. If I were your guest I would complain too. That’s quite a restriction

1 Like