Controlling Behaviour? Am I becoming neurotic?

This was the pizza guests. One star across the board and a full refund claim via the resolution centre which I’ve rejected completely.

1 Like

Yup …you can’t win for losing. I had that happen. They slammed me on accuracy because apartment was bigger than expected!!! Disappointing because I had thought they were great and left them good review words.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

I’m very often in Sheff as my daughter lives there. And 3 out of 4 of our children went to Uni there … my son’s answer to that would have been: why would you need a dryer if you only wash clothes once a month? But my daughter now lives in Nether Edge and has a washer and a dryer and even a laundry room

Ahhh she’s in the posh part of sheff!!! Nether edge eh? I was in Crookes.

Yes, indeed, hence the laundry room! And I’m so sorry, what a bugger of a review …

Although if it were me, I would leave the review I think you might be able to have it removed. I would leave it because potential guests don’t read the listing, but they read the reviews. This review could get guests to realize that you really will be there and you really don’t permit kitchen use. However, as you don’t permit kitchen use I assume that the review is incorrect in stating that there are photos of the kitchen in your listing. For this reason, I believe that you can have the review removed.

Yup no photos of the kitchen and it’s not listed as an amenity. The guest is literally making things up to suit her version of events.

And funny because my reply to her review is as follows:

4 Likes

Of course I’m super pissed off particularly with the one stars across the board but c’est la vie. Several hosts on here have read my listing so I’m confident I state exactly what is available as accurately as possible.

1 Like

Just to update that Airbnb have confirmed they will not be removing the review as it doesn’t breach their guidelines. Good stuff !

I feel really burnt out by all of this but I’ve decided I really can’t keep getting upset about it… life is just too short.

So their guidelines don’t include the guest complaining about things that are clearly stated in the listing? Good to know. And how are your overall run of guests? Do you get anything out of meeting them?

1 Like

Overall they’re actually nice. But I’ve had three sets of guests who didn’t read the listing, and complained bitterly they didn’t get what they expected. No idea why that’s my responsibility but Airbnb are doing zip about it. These terrible reviews are in between lots of five stars and one four star. Overall of course it’s dragging everything down and where 6 weeks ago I had five stars in every category except location it’s now 4.5 across the board.

Frankly I look incompetent. I wouldn’t book with me if I was a guest.

Just waiting to see if Airbnb refund the guest. I’m expecting they will.

I was correct when I asked…

How BLOODY dare they?!
Zandra, i’m sending you a PM

3 Likes

I hope that’s not true. Do you have upcoming reservations? If so, they’ll hopefully push these down. Are you using IB? If so, one option is to deactivate it, and talk to your prospective guests before you accept their booking. This will at least give you a chance to confirm that they understand what your listing is.

1 Like

I’ve just delisted. I’m tired of the shenanigans. I’m going to live in my flat alone for the foreseeable. I will see out the last of my bookings but I’m taking a long break …

2 Likes

Yes it’s true, I wouldn’t book with a host that had so many 4.5s. I would wonder what was going on and then look for someone with more consistency.

Sorry to hear that your idiot guests drove you to this. I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

I think I will feel better right around the time I stop hosting :wink:

1 Like

NO… just no. Don’t do this to yourself. I know idiot guests and bad reviews mess with your head. “Trust me” (I sound like someone!!!) I have felt this same feeling very recently. It’s not YOU it’s them! 4.5 is fine. That is what I have! The only category I ever got five stars in was Communication and even that’s got down with the moronic New Year’s guests I had. ( Damned idiots… I keep discovering things they did… Stole one of my $20 guidebooks!!! None of my other guests since them would have done it. These two are idiots… and so are your guests!!)

And sorry, they are backstabbing “nice.”

Nice to your face and slam you in a review and try to get their money back? Nothing NICE about that.

So stop fretting right now…Air will NOT be refunding the guest, especially after the stay was complete! AND because you did NOT misrepresent your listing! They are audacious to even ask! If they do it would be profoundly unfair and you will then open a case. We will help. You will then escalate to Twitter if need be for a second set of eyes to review.

Also, work on your description and make it the FIRST line of copy if you have to! Make it clear what your place IS and what it ISN’T.

Subtlety DOES not work with idiots and you can’t fix stupid.

Things will get better! Hang in there!

3 Likes