Calender changed itself, now crisis

We’ve had our price magically changed.

Yep I’m sure it can happen. Which is why it’s necessary to both raise the price and then block the dates. It’s likely for one glitch to happen i.e. the dates unblock or the price changes; the liklihood of both happening at the same time is very low. Nothing is failsafe all you can do is minimise the risk as low as possible …

I have had that happen!!! What is up with that? Maybe that’s why Air fixed my double booking no questions asked.

I think that when you change one thing everything else goes back to the default. Whenever we change the prices, all the prices we don’t specify reset to the default.

I had a date blocked, unblock as well. The only thing is to send them alternative dates or your risk going down a few notches. It was terrible, In my case they didn’t accept but it is worth a try. I ended up having to make alternative arrangements for my own family.

that’s odd. All my prices stay as they are. I can change one date and nothing else changes anywhere else in the calendar.

Just phoned airbnb, they have reinstated me, as my status was at risk of
being removed.

They suggest taking screen shots of calender.

Here we go again,

I have just been away on holiday and come back to part of July that has been released that I had blocked.

I have phoned AIrbnb. They have frozen my calender for a few days until the techies get back to me. ( this is with my agreement)

I have told them, I will not be going onto instant book again until this is sorted. I actually want to go on a different format if this is going to continue.

I have put my self on Theatredigs.com, which runs very well.

Will report back if I get this resolved.

I take it you didn’t change your price to something ridiculous then in case they did become unblocked? Here’s what my blocked dates look like in my calendar. The prices around these dates remain unaffected…

1 Like

Just wondering you put notes in your blocked off dates? I am on 4 different listing sites and on the Air calendar I note the name of the incoming guest and which platform the booking came through…just wondering if that extra step would prevent the releasing of blocked days…

I don’t see how adding a note would prevent a guest double booking. Am I missing something ?

I put notes on my blocked days as you can see instantly if a date has become unblocked. One more extra piece of security.

Ah didn’t know that function existed! Useful thanks I’ll start adding notes as well. Every layer helps.

The notes look a great facility. Do they appear to anyone looking at the
calender, or only to the host.

Thank you for the help.

I did look at changing the price.

Does it not then appear as your main price on the profile, then putting
people off looking at other dates.

When I block dates, I then have not price for that date, or do you alter
the price and then block the date.

Sorry to seem ignorant about this.

ana

I continue to get bookings, as the price comes up for the specific dates guests are checking. Obviously I’m not bothered if my rate comes up as horribly expensive for dates I don’t want guests to book.

My base rate comes up for those that do not make a date specific search.

No offence but have you even looked at the screen where you change the price? Generally while I like to be helpful I don’t particularly enjoy spoon feeding; a lot of learning how the site operates is by tinkering on your listing and seeing what works for you.

I feel you are being a little offensive.

I think some of us are using the app and some on computers. I am mainly on
computer and just feeling my way.

Please, if you feel you are spoon feeding me, I appreciate your time, but
it is probably better if you use your time in a better way than with me.

I do not want to feel a burden to anyone here, but if I do not feel free to
ask questions, what is the point of a forum. We are not all at the same
level.

to be honest; yes I do feel it’s spoonfeeding.

You’re right this forum is a wonderful resource, but it does get tiring repeating things. It’s helpful when someone is given a suggestion that they go away and look into it. If it doesn’t work for them, or they can’t find the right section of the website, fine, in that case happy to help further.

It’s frustrating however when it’s clear from subsequent questions that they haven’t taken the time to look.

We are none of us paid for our participation on this site; going away and doing a little work yourself shows respect to everyone else’s time.

2 Likes

Don’t be intimidated. Ask your questions and if someone can help and feels up to it, they will. No one is forced to read the forum and “spoonfeed,” they can just scroll on by.

The ones that drive me bonkers are the ones who ask for help or tell us about an ongoing situation and then don’t return with an update. Or who ask for help, then don’t follow it and come back later asking for more help though they didn’t take the advice offered the first time.

Thank you for your reply.

When you, earlier in the thread showed a screenshot of the change of price
and the availability, it was of the app on your phone.
On the website, which is what I use, once you have blocked the date, there
is no facility to have any price awaiting in the wings to show for that
date.
So when, after being spoon fed, I tried to apply the suggestions, it was
not possible.
As I am an intellegent but probably much older women than you, trying to
get to grips with an everchanging world, I thought I had applied all the
suggestions that were offerred that I could.
However, please leave the thread to those lovely people that do not mind
trying to help me, even if I have much less superior knowledge of the
internet than you.
I need this forum, as, if by playing on the site on my own I could achieve
all I needed to, I would be able just to be in the position of helping
others and not asking for help.
You do not have to coninue to help, I have not asked you to do so.

All you have achieved is make me feel that I am stupid. Thankyou

1 Like

I apologise very sincerely if that’s how you feel. Had you said earlier that the issue was the computer I would have understood.

It’s actually exactly the same; you tap the required date (which is also what I have to do in the app) and change it.

And you can indeed learn a lot by playing around on the website. That’s how the rest of us did it.