A strange experience

I have a hospital less than a half mile from my house and I do have it in my online “airbnb guide.”

Our default hospital is not one of the top tier. Boston has 3 top tier, best in the world, hospitals, so guests would want to head to them. They all have great translators in addition to great medical care. And they are closer than the “default.” Of course, anyone with a chronic or acute illness probably is carrying the name of a doctor suggested by their home medical team, but it nice to have made those types of decisions before a crisis.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’ve found that guests read the guide even less than they read the listing or the house rules. Most of them don’t know it exists. I have a first aid kit in the guest room closet. The emergency number 911 and the closest hospital are written on the kit.

1 Like

Airbnb was giving out a magnetic placard that you could put on your fridge with fields to write emergency numbers. That came with a first aid kit. Back in the day when air was giving stuff away other than travel credits.

2 Likes